Music Video

Click on the play button below to watch Evie's music video

Album Cover

Myspace

Click on the image below to visit Evie's website

Monday, September 14, 2009

Garbage - Track Selection

After our first official meeting on Friday, we made a list of possible bands/artists that we would further research for possible song choices.

There were four:

Hey Monday
Garbage
Avril Lavigne
Paramore

We each chose one to further research and so this post will focus on possible song choices by:
Garbage

I think I'm Paranoid

This was chosen by Selina and could work even though it is a slower song than we would have liked. I think it would be a good song to make a video as the lyrics are open to different interpretations. The theme of the song, the idea of paranoia, is strong and therefore it is easy for me to visually imagine our video. It would be quite edgy and could work on different levels. I think voyearistic shots would work well in the video as a link to the idea of paranoia and somebody watching you. The video for this song focuses on extreme close-ups of the lead singer's lips and is therefore sexualised. In order to establish our band image as separate to that of Garbage, we would not use sexualised imagery in ours. A problem with this song is that I can't imagine Mia or Selina, one of which is likely to be the lead singer in our video, lip-synching to this as the voice is quite mature.

Cherry Lips

Having heard this song a few times, I think it could work and I particularly like the chorus. It is hard to think of ideas for this song as it is about a girl who captivates all men that she meets. Apart from demonstrating this literally through visuals that are illustrative of the lyrics, I can't think of a particularly interesting video other than one that is performance based.

When I grow up
This song is faster and more upbeat than the others and so it is easier to visualise a video for it, particularly as it so catchy. I chose to develop my idea for the video based on the line 'When I grow up I'll be stable'. The video could have a fun playful video, with people dancing and with the focus on one girl. However, throughout the video there will be a darker undertone illustrating the girl's unstable state of mind. One line in the song is 'Watch my temper, I go mental', which gave roots to my idea of having the girl or maybe everyone else she is dancing with as well go completely mental and thrash the place they are dancing in. This idea may need adapting as it is obviously not practical and would be expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment