Music Video

Click on the play button below to watch Evie's music video

Album Cover

Myspace

Click on the image below to visit Evie's website

Friday, September 11, 2009

Track Research / Initial Ideas

Hole - Celebrity Skin



My idea for this involves the actress(es) doing a lot of dancing around.

My interpretation of the lyrics is that they are commenting on perhaps how women are labelled and pushed into certain roles or professions. They are often labelled in a derogatory manner. The line ‘hooker, waitress, model, actress, Oh just go nameless’ demonstrates this. SO I thought the girl(s)

In our video could wear loads of different outfits and could perform walking and dancing on the streets.

The video could have layers of meaning - about women having to look a certain way. Trapped by their gender.

The Like – What I say and what I mean

My interpretation is of lyrics – about the past. Not able to let go.

My idea for this involves a girl dancing and walking but then we can speed up and slow down shots when editing so she goes back and forth fast and slow according to the beat. My idea has fun with the serious (sort of) message.

The editing would be very fast in order to go with the beat of the song.

The Donnas – New Kid in School



The video for this song could have a possible slight narrative.

I could imagine the video with fast editing

Garbage - I’m only happy when it rains



This song has a slower beat and so I haven’t developed my idea for it as we agreed as a group to go for faster songs unless we find a really good slower one.

No comments:

Post a Comment